Loads Moving & Handling
This course is aimed at those who carry out moving and manual handling activities of loads at work and aims to introduce them to the hazards of manual handling, the risks involved, the controls available and what to expect from a manual handling assessment. It will enable employees to develop safer manual handling techniques in the workplace.
The qualification is not intended to train students to carry out manual handling assessments nor to provide detailed training on handling techniques. Nor does it provide students with the knowledge and skills to engage in the moving and handling of people.
- The process of manual handling in the workplace
- Manual handling injuries and the activities which cause them
- Manual handling assessment and control options
- Responsibilities imposed by the Manual Handling Operations Regulations
- Explain what is meant by the term “Manual handling” and provide examples
- Explain how manual handling can cause injury and provide examples
- State the principles for controlling manual handling risks and apply these in a practical context
- Demonstrate a general understanding of the value and purpose of conducting a manual handling assessment and what employees can expect of such assessments
- Demonstrate an understanding of the main provision of the manual handling operations