Dementia currently affects over 750,000 people in the UK, and so far there is no cure for it. This course aims to give students an overview of all aspects of Dementia and an understanding of how it affects our daily lives. This will lead to a greater understanding of how to approach this specialised type of care.
- Who does Dementia affect and why?
- What affects a service users experience of Dementia?
- What is Dementia?
- Types of Dementia
- Related Diseases / Conditions
- Communicating with a person with Dementia
- Person Centred Care
- Psychological and Physical Needs
- Challenging Behaviour
- End of Life / Palliative Care