Activities and Reminiscence for Dementia
Activities and reminiscence are two of the best ways to keep a person with Dementia active and stimulated in day-to-day life. It helps them to gain the sense of satisfaction and achievement that is important to everyone. This course is deisgned to help candidates plan and choose activities appropriate to the stage and type of Dementia.
This course can also be run alongside the Communication and Relationship Building in Dementia Care course as a full day course.
- Why are activities so important?
- How can we influence well-being?
- What are the benefits and pitfalls of reminiscence?
- Self Appraisal
- How is the brain affected?
- Pool Activity Level Instrument
- Evaluating Success