Health & Safety Induction for Carers
This training programme provides the essential knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety for employees working in Health & Social Care.
Good standards of Health & Safety in the workplace relay on both the employer and employees working together to reduce risks, prevent accidents and stop ill health from arising from work activities. It is important to remember that health & safety not only affects the employer and employee but the service user as well.
Good health & safety standards will not only contribute to a safer working environment but also better standards of care for the service user.
- Introduction to Health & Safety at Work
- Health & Safety Law
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Prevention of Accidents and Ill Health
- Risk Assessment
- First Aid Provision
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Workplace Health, Safety and Welfare
- Use of Work Equipment
- Fire Prevention
- Overview of Manual Handling