Paediatric First Aid Refresher
This short one day course is for those people who need to update their original 2 day qualification.
It will update the individual on current knowledge and practice on Paediatric First Aid, as well updating their practical skills on CPR and any changes in guidelines.
- Introduction and Welcome
- Role and Responsibilities of the first aider
- Primary and Secondary Assessment
- Principles of Resuscitation
- Adult CPR
- Child CPR
- Infant CPR
- Recognition and treatment of head injuries
- The control of bleeding and the treatment for shock
- Bones, joints and muscle injuries
- Bites and stings
- Childhood conditions