Paediatric First Aid
This course is invaluable for anybody who works with children and babies. It will provide the individual with a sound knowledge and understanding of all first aid procedures that could be called upon when working with children and babies. It will also provide the ability to recognise and treat many childhood conditions and illnesses. The course is valid for 3 years.
NB: There is a one day refresher course also available.
Candidates will be issued with a Certificate of Attendance upon successful completion of a short written paper and a practical assessment on CPR.
- Introduction and Welcome
- What is First Aid?
- First Aid in the workplace
- Responsibilities of the first aider
- Primary assessment
- Secondary assessment
- Disorders of Respiration and Airway Obstruction
- Principles of Resuscitation
- Adult CPR
- Child CPR
- Infant CPR
- Recognition and treatment of head injuries
- The control of bleeding and the treatment for shock
- Bones, joints and muscle injuries
- Bites and stings
- Childhood conditions