Level 3 Award in Education and Training
The level 3 Award in Education and Training is a short introductory, knowledge based teaching qualification aimed at those taking first steps into delivering teaching and/or training with no existing qualifications in teaching.
There is no mimimum teaching practice requirement, except to engage in a short micro teaching session as part of the course.
The qualification comprises three QCF units:
- Unit 1: Understand Roles, Responsibilities and Relationships in Education and Training
- Unit 2: Understand and Use Inclusive Teaching and Tearning Approcaches in Education and Training
- Unit 3: Understand Assessment in Education and Training
This is a fvie day classroomed based training programe, with assessment via examination, assignments and a mirco teaching session.
Please contact the TLC office for more information
- Teaching roles and responsibilities
- Maintaining a safe and supportive learning environment
- Professional relationships within teaching and education
- Use of inclusive teaching and learning approaches
- Ways to create an inclusive and teaching and learning environment
- Planning for inclusive teaching and learning
- Delivering inclusive teaching and learning
- Evaluations of delivery of inclusive teaching and learning
- Types and methods of assessment
- People included in the assessment of learning
- Role and use of constructive feedback
- Recording and record keeping