Qualsafe Award Level 3 in First Aid at Work
This qualification is based on the HSE training standard for delivery of First Aid at Work courses for the
purposes of the Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981.
The aim of the qualification is to enable learners to attain the knowledge and competencies needed to deal with a range of emergency first aid situations. Learners should be able to demonstrate the practical
administration of safe, prompt, effective first aid in emergency situations with an understanding of the role of the first aider.The qualification is designed for people who have a specific responsibility at work, or in voluntary and community activities, to provide First Aid when dealing with an emergency situation.
- Role and responsibilities of the first aider
- Assessing an incident
- Management of the unconscious casualty
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Dealing with a choking casualty
- Management of wounds and bleeding
- Management of shock
- Dealing with minor injuries
- Primary and secondary survey
- injuries to bones, muscles and joints.
- Head and spinal injuries
- Chest injuries
- Dealing with burns and scalds
- Eye injuries
- Dealing with a person in anaphylaxis
- Dealing with sudden illness including heart problems, strokes, epilepsy, asthma and diabetes.